Tuesday, March 29, 2005

~
A GIFT FOR ERIC

Our friend Eric of Straight White Guy fame is something of a budding Tom Waits fan, and knowing my peculiar passion for the fellow (I actually named my bailbond company Raindog Surety after a tune the guy wrote years ago.... I know, I know. It's a sickness.) he asked for more of the man's stuff.

Actually, this was something of an adventure because I have not ever tried to upload any mp3 files onto the web and the thing links oddly. Here's a first try of uploading a gift for Eric... a piece that he did with Dan Hicks a few years ago called I'll Tell you Why That Is.

Anyhow, I've been fiddling with this until I'm pissed off at it. I put this plus a live recording of The Heart of Saturday Night, which is one of my all time favorites, up on my website but I can't seem to link it through from this thing. Anyhow, if you want the thing Eric then go to this page and enjoy. The tunes are at the bottom of the page.

I'll keep fiddling with it tomorrow. Maybe I'm just too brain dead to make it work tonight. I'm Schiavoed at the moment.

OK... try this: I'll Tell You Why That Is

Damn, I'm good! Good night Eric.

Bob