Thursday, December 18, 2003

Dan --

Yeah, it seemed to take that time. You now have a place to rant. I get a strange mix of people who drop in. I've given direct access to you, Tom Leete, me, Katie, and Mike SanFilippo. Know anyone else that might want to join in? I'm thinking I'd like to put together a group kind of like Volokh's, only less lawyerish. You should have fun with Leete... he's like a well educated NRA Republican, but willing to argue with reason. I was thinking of trying to get Mike Broussard to come on board. If he's over being a single guy again.

Go dig through your pile of prose. There are about 1000 hits a day on raindogsurety.com, everything from bail bondsmen to poetry writers (like I said), and the blog is growing. The nice thing about it is that I can channel the input just to the people who I value as folks capable of making real contributions without weak arguments or bad rhetoric, yet at the same time the blog gets a broad dissemination. Like I said, I get everything from gun nuts to Yankee liberals from New Hampshire. I've been on a tirade about the Patriot Acts 1 and 2 for the last month or so. Leete thinks that I'm an asshat and Kathryn says that I'm actually too conservative. Go figure.

This is fun. Welcome.

Bob