Monday, November 14, 2005

~ WELL.... ~

It's turning into one of those Mondays. Maybe it's just the fact that it's been a long weekend. One of those weekends where things accumulate, then they have to be delt with on Monday no matter what. Gee... thanks. I'm on the phone with a teen aged mother who left her six month old son in the tub full of water while she ran next door to borrow some baby shampoo... naturally, the little boy was face down when she got back. blue. You guessed it. Now she's yammering to me about how the state should pony up enough money for her to get a car because all of her problems would go away if she just had a car. In the meanwhile, her boyfriend is in jail because he had a warrant. Yada yada yada. And she's weeping to me at the other end of the phone line. Can't you just help me can't you just help me?

Sigh. How do otherwise intelligent people find themselves in this kind of a fix? The state has sheltered her children because she failed to protect them from drowning. Yeah, I know it was just a mistake. Everybody makes mistakes. But.... but.... buy you a car? What the fuck is that all about? I mean.... come on.

Bob