Sunday, February 11, 2007

~WELL...~

I had this idea that if I got closer to my kith and kin that I would have more "quality time" with my family than I had been experiencing. I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean, but I don't think that it has been held up to the light of day. Anyhow, my transition from DCF and DJJ to the classroom via Excel is supposed to give me a quieter life but what I'm finding is that the return to the bucolic life of Sanford is mostly been a ride through memory lane. I just went.... without any accompaniment... to eat dinner at the local Chinee buffet joint and the entire time I had a continuous line of old bail bonds clients along with old students from my days at SCC and UCF who had to come by and make sure that I wasn't really dead and to regale me with stories from their youth. I really don't remember all the fun I used to be. Ah, the good old days.

Ah, public dining. There was a whole family of hispanic folks who all had uncontrollable coughing jags. Eating huge amounts of Kung Poo Chicken or some such mystery meats while tolerating having foreigners cough right in your face... then... Oh, dearie! A tiny six year old was leaning on her mother with her ceremonial hand over her hacking mouth... then she heaved twice before shooting a projectile vomitus towards the front window. Oh, my... public dining at its finest. I noticed that the hispanic folks didn't leave a tip for the table full of sick evacuees from Puerto Rico after they all got up from the mess of vomitus leaving me to leave a tip for both of the nice girls who came here from China to earn their fortune.

Yeah... I'm having a wonderful time.

Bob