Friday, February 11, 2005

~
CLOSE CALL

I don't think that that many of us realize what a close call we had to a really bad bad thing: President Kerry.

It occurs to me that we... I mean all of us, Republican, Democrat, Mugwumps, Hells Angels... all of us... came dangerously close to having a real honest to god pathological liar in the White House.

A week ago, I was whining about the weirdness... I mean weorthan wyrd on urthr.... that Kerry was coming up with on Russert's talk show. He said that he was with a CIA guy in Cambodia doing some sort of bullshit black-ops mission. Pure bullshit. Anyhow, I asked if anybody else had picked up on that.

It seems that my good friend Guy over at Snugg Harbor noticed the same thing, and even linked someone else who was holding the senator's feet to the fire. Read this.

Look, I'm no political analyst or pundit or anything like that. I'm a retired school teacher who plays kiddie cop in his dotage. But even I get the willies when I think about how close we came to electing this nut job to POTUS.

Holy Mary Mother of God. Thank you thank you thank you. I don't care what President Bush does at this point. He could be the reincarnation of Vlad the Impaler as far as I'm concerned. He's delivered us from the awful possibility of a Kerry presidency.

Bob