Tuesday, October 31, 2006

~JOKE~

Here's a email from Tom:

> Little Leroy came into the kitchen where his mother was making
dinner.
>
>
> His birthday was coming up and he thought this was a good time to
> tell his
> mother what he wanted. Mom, I want a bike for my birthday."
>
>
> Little Leroy was a bit of a troublemaker. He had gotten into trouble

> at school and at home. Leroy's mother asked him if he thought he
> deserved to get a bike for his birthday. Little Leroy, of course,
> thought he did.
>
>
> Leroy's mother, being a Christian woman, wanted him to reflect on
> his behavior over the last year and write a letter to God and tell him

> why he deserved a bike for his birthday.
>
>
> Little Leroy stomped up the steps to his room and sat down to write
> God a letter.
>
>
> ******************************
> LETTER 1:
>
>
> Dear God:
> I have been a very good boy this year and I would like a bike for my

> birthday. I want a red one.
> Your friend, Leroy
>
>
> Leroy knew this wasn't true. He had not been a very good boy this
> year, so
> he tore up the letter and started over.
>
>
> *************************************
> LETTER 2:
>
>
> Dear God:
>
>
> This is your friend Leroy. I have been a pretty good boy this year,
> and I would like a red bike for my birthday.
> Thank you, Leroy
>
>
> Leroy knew this wasn't true either. He tore up the letter and
> started again.
>
>
> **************************************
> LETTER 3:
>
>
> Dear God:
> I have been an OK boy this year and I would really like a red bike
> for my birthday.
> Leroy
>
>
> Leroy knew he could not send this letter to God either, so he wrote
> another letter.
>
>
> ***********************************
> LETTER 4:
>
>
> Dear God:
> I know I haven't been a good boy this year. I am very sorry. I will
> be a good boy if you just send me a red bike for my birthday.
> Thank you, Leroy
>
>
> Leroy knew, even if it was true, this letter was not going to get
> him a bike.
>
>
> *****************************
> By now, Leroy was very upset. He went downstairs and told his mother
> he wanted to go to church. Leroy's mother thought her plan had worked
> because Leroy looked very sad.
>
>
> "Just be home in time for dinner," his mother said.
>
>
> Leroy walked down the street to the church and up to the altar. He
> looked around to see if any one was there. He picked up a statue-- the

> Virgin Mary.
> He slipped it under his shirt and ran out of the church, down the
> street, into his house, and up to his room. He shut the door to his
> room and sat down with a piece of paper and a pen.
>
>
> Leroy began to write his letter to God:
>
>
> LETTER 5:
>
>
> I GOT YOUR MAMA. IF YOU WANT TO SEE HER AGAIN, SEND THE BIKE.
> Signed, YOU KNOW WHO.